Aug 12, 2022
The Interior Design Consultant certificate is designed for currently employed individuals who have an interest in adding specialized training in interior home products to their credentials. The focus of the Interior Design Consultant certificate is to provide the training needed at the wholesale or retail levels in interior home product sales, marketing or customer service.
For more information about the Interior Design Consultant certificate, please visit our website at www.dmacc.edu/programs/marketing.
Students may start any semester
Program Entry Requirements
- Complete an application for admission.
- Satisfy the assessment requirement.
- Attend any required information/registration session.
To earn an Interior Design Consultant certificate, a student must complete all required coursework as prescribed and maintain a 2.0 grade point average.
Tuition……………………………………………………………………………………..$147.00 per credit
The costs for each program are estimates and subject to change.
Costs can be reduced by renting textbooks or buying e-texts.
Approximate Total for certificate: $3,396*
* Program entry requirements are not included in the total approximate cost.
What Kind of Work Will You Do?
- Participate in a team effort in developing and promoting the sale of home fashion merchandise.
- Design visual presentations to project current trends that generate customer excitement.
- Work with customers in the development of space planning and room décor.
- Coordinate a variety of components to achieve effective design principles.
- Demonstrate excellence in providing quality customer service.
What Skills and Abilities Will You Need?
- Collaborate with coworkers to work effectively with customers.
- Work creatively with presentation of product lines.
- Project a fashionable and professional image.
- Demonstrate effective use of appropriate design elements and principles.
- Communicate enthusiastically about current fashion styles and trends.
What Else Should I Consider about this Specialist Certificate?
- The certificate coursework leads into either a Fashion Sales diploma or Fashion/Design A.A.S. degree.
- Career areas are diverse in the home fashion industry and continuing education teamed with related work experience leads to advancement opportunities.
- Work schedules may vary to include some evenings and weekend hours in retail careers.
- The home fashion industry attracts individuals who enjoy variety in their jobs, regular people contact, an environment to be creative, and the ability to earn based on performance.
- For more information, see the program website at www.dmacc.edu/programs/marketing.
Des Moines Area Community College shall not engage in nor allow discrimination covered by law against any person, group or organization. This includes in employment, hiring practices or the provision of services, and harassment or discrimination based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and genetic information. Veteran status in educational programs, activities, employment practices, or admission procedures is also included to the extent covered by law. Individuals who believe they have been discriminated against may file a complaint through the College Discrimination Complaint Procedure. Complaint forms may be obtained from the Campus Provost’s office, the Academic Deans’ office, the Judicial Officer, or the EEO/AA Officer, Human Resources. For information about the ADA, the Section 504/ADA Coordinator may be contacted at 515-964-6857. For Title IX questions and concerns contact 515-964-6850. (2016)