May 19, 2022
GRD 411 - Communication Design II Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Use the fundamental principles and elements learned in Communication Design I as a guide to make effective design decisions. Learn how to combine images, color and type to create high-impact layouts. This course encourages creative thinking and problem-solving. Credit will not be granted for both WDV 151 and GRD 411 .
Prerequisite: GRD 403
- Review application of principles of graphic design to create effective visual communication layouts
- Review application of elements of graphic design to effectively communicate intended message.
- Follow industry standard design process to create effective visual communication layouts
- Explore the creative process
- Identify inspirational creative resources
- Implement information given in a creative brief to create a variety of effective visual communication pieces
- Demonstrate the ability to conceptualize effective visual communication ideas.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a visual identify for a brand or group.
- Effectively present their own design solutions to others.
- Effectively participate in critiques of their own and other student and professional design solution
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)