Dec 06, 2021
This digital marketing certificate gives students an overview of the digital marketing tools and channels used by businesses and marketing agencies to communicate with customers. Students will gain a foundation of marketing principles and more specialized training that prepares them for a career in digital marketing. Courses cover social media, search engine optimization, customer relationship management, e-mail marketing, web development and content marketing.
For more information about the Digital Marketing certificate, please visit our website at https://www.dmacc.edu/programs/marketing/Pages/digital.aspx.
Students start any semester.
Program Entry Requirements
- Complete an application for admission.
- Satisfy the assessment requirement.
- Attend any required information/registration session
Option 1 - Select 1 Course
Total Credits Required to Complete this Certificate - 21
All classes except WDV 151 currently contribute toward a Marketing AAS degree
Tuition……………………………………………………………………………………..$143.00 per credit
The costs for each program are estimates and subject to change.
Approximate total textbook cost: $750.
Students can expect to spend $100 - $150 per course for textbooks. Costs can be reduced by renting textbooks or buying e-texts.
Approximate total for program: $3,753*
* Program entry requirements are not included in the total approximate cost.
What Kind of Work Will You Do?
- Plan and execute digital marketing strategies to achieve organizational and client goals.
- Manage social media marketing campaigns.
- Manage email marketing campaigns.
- Identify and facilitate mobile marketing strategies and tactics.
- Build search engine optimization strategies and content marketing strategies for companies and clients.
- Develop effective web-based marketing strategies.
- Analyze digital data used in company and marketing-specific planning.
- Create content for websites and blogs.
What Skills and Abilities Will You Need?
- Work well with people to solve problems and make decisions.
- Demonstrate self-discipline, initiative, creative insight and good judgment.
- Communicate effectively with customers, employees and employers.
- Understand basic computer skills and software tools.
- Recognize various facets of digital marketing.
- Use technology for communication and business applications.
- Develop basic visual pieces for digital marketing campaigns.
- Use social media and build strategies to brand across prominent social media.
What Else Should I Consider about this Specialist Certificate?
- Tremendous job opportunities and growth due to shortage in digital marketing professionals.
- Rapid advancement opportunities.
- Certificate transitions efficiently into a Marketing AAS degree .
- Digital marketing careers often require a balance of technical and marketing skills.
- Work 40-50 hours a week in a challenging environment.
- This educational program is excellent preparation for those who may someday want to start their own business.
Des Moines Area Community College shall not engage in or allow discrimination covered by law. This includes harassment based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and genetic information. Veteran status in educational programs, activities, employment practices, or admission procedures is also included to the extent covered by law. Individuals who believe they have been discriminated against may file a complaint through the College Discrimination Complaint Procedure. Complaint forms may be obtained from the Campus Provost’s office, the Academic Deans’ office, the Judicial Officer, or the EEO/AA Officer, Human Resources. For information about the ADA, the Section 504/ADA Coordinator can be contacted at 515-964-6857. For Title IX questions and concerns contact 515-964-6850.