Oct 02, 2023
ACC 365 - Accounting Spreadsheets/Datab Credits: 4
Lecture Hours: 4
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course is the blending of spreadsheet and database knowledge needed in accounting applications. Topics covered in this course are based on decision-making requirements needed to be successful in the accounting field. They include creating and analyzing spreadsheet and database applications.
Prerequisite: ACC 132 and either ACC 353 or CSC 116 all with a C or better.
- Manage Excel spreadsheets.
- Review basic terms of spreadsheet application including row, column, cell, cell reference, formula, formula bar, sort, filter, fill handle, merged cells, relative reference and absolute reference.
- Manipulate the text and numbers in a spreadsheet application by inputting, selecting, editing, formatting, copying and rearranging data.
- Apply functions and formulas in a spreadsheet.
- Manipulate worksheets including inserting and deleting rows, resizing column widths and row heights and merging cells to produce reports in an accounting format.
- Enhance spreadsheets with tables, hyperlinks and charts derived from data in the workbook.
- Review VLOOKUPs and pivot tables.
- Develop templates for financial worksheets using data ranges.
- Create macros and demonstrate their use with financial worksheet templates.
- Save and print reports.
- Combine accounting and spreadsheet knowledge to create worksheets.
- Develop financial statements,
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Prepare budget estimates using “What-if” worksheets, perform cost-volume-profit analysis.
- Track perpetual inventory quantities, calculate inventory valuations.
- Determine the value of short-term investments.
- Calculate and analyze financial ratios, perform vertical financial statement analysis.
- Develop master budgets including cash flow, sales and production, develop a three-month master budget
- Calculate process costs using FIFO inventory valuation methods.
- Generate a loan payment schedule.
- Develop a payroll register and manipulate the information using a pivot table.
- Design a flexible budget, calculate and analyze material and labor variances.
- Develop a capital budget.
- Access features and terminology.
- Demonstrate the use of panes, ribbons and the help feature.
- Discuss other available features.
- Plan a simple database table.
- Separate fields into specific subject areas.
- Create and modify a database and table.
- Create a primary key.
- Add, edit, move and delete records.
- Navigate among records.
- Adjust column widths and hide columns.
- Sort and filter records.
- Relate two or more tables.
- Create and modify a query.
- Use sorting options within a query.
- Use criteria in a query.
- Create multiple-table queries.
- Apply the AND and OR criteria.
- Use the wildcard character.
- Create a calculated field.
- Use Summary queries.
- Create a crosstab query.
- Create new forms from scratch.
- Create a split form.
- Use Form Layout.
- Add bound and unbound controls.
- Insert an image.
- Add subforms.
- Add headers and labels.
- Add, edit and delete records using the form.
- Produce reports.
- Design a report using report wizards.
- Preview and modify a report design.
- Apply group and sort orders.
- Resize and align controls.
- Apply conditional formatting.
- Customize a database.
- Add controls to forms and reports.
- Connect tables by setting relationships.
- Use properties for tables, queries, forms and reports.
- Perform calculations in queries, forms and reports.
- Copy database objects.
- Copy data using the clipboard.
- Import data from Excel.
- Apply various data type features.
- Apply formatting techniques.
- Modify the database structure.
- Use many-to-many relationships.
- Enforce referential integrity.
- Create Lookup fields.
- Use Input Mask properties in a table.
- Create attachment fields
Competencies Revised Date: 2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)