Feb 01, 2023
ASM 261 - Regulation of NF/SNF Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Open
Emphasis is on the changing dynamics of long-term care and the regulatory system. Special attention will focus on the federal and state regulations that govern the long-term healthcare services. This will include the agencies that originate, implement and monitor the regulations.
- Delineate the history of the long-term care regulatory system.
- List in chronological order.
- Outline the obstacles of regulations.
- Describe health care reform.
- Describe the impact of regulation changes on the long-term health care services.
- Describe the transition period.
- Outline the regulatroy compliance process.
- Explain the financial effect.
- Examine the long-term care changing regulatory system specific to the agencies, administrator, and residents.
- Analyze rules and regulations and their importance.
- Examine governing agencies and their role.
- Investigate the administrator’s perspective.
- Analyze changes in resident needs and advocacy.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all rules and regulations specific to long-term care.
- Identify applicable codes, administrative rules specific to nursing facilities.
- Identify applicable codes and administrative rules specific to nursing home administrators.
- Identify applicable rule sections specific to residents.
- Interpret the application and survey process for licensure and certification requirements.
- Review and identify the requirements on the application for licensure.
- Complete the application process for licensure.
- Explain the importance of good working relationships with state regulatory agencies.
- List the state regulatory agencies that will be involved with long-term care facilities.
- Review the responsibilities of each regulatory agency as it relates to the rules and regulation in a long term care facility.
- Demonstrate an understanding of terminology, acronyms, and abbreviations related to long-term care.
- List the terminology, acronyms and abbreviations used in long-term care facilities.
- Define each of the terminology, acronyms and abbreviations.
- Conduct a mock survey.
- List the forms used during survey.
- Describe the role administrator’s have in the survey process.
- Differentiate between deficiencies and citations.
- Write a plan of correction.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)