Dec 08, 2023
ASM 155 - Impact of Demographics Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Open
This course will address demographic changes in the elderly population and the impact on society.
Prerequisite: Admission to an Aging Service Management program.
- Analyze the demographic changes
- Review the aging demographics from a global and national perspective
- Describe the aging demographic at the state level
- Assess the impact of an aging population
- Examine the sandwich generation
- Discuss ageism in today’s society
- Research resources and agencies that provide services for the elderly
- Describe the area agencies on aging and the programs they support
- Review the varies levels of care for nursing homes, assisted living, adult day care and home and community based services (hcbs).
- Examine the characteristics of agencies and facilities that provide quality care and a quality of life for the clients
Competencies Revised Date: 2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)