Feb 07, 2023
AGB 440 - Agricultural Niche Marketing Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
The marketing of agricultural products in a niche market requires an understanding of the challenges for marketing a product or service in small portions to a consumer who is not being readily served by the mainstream product or service providers. This course will explore the opportunities available and identify procedures for establishing niche markets.
- Learn how to recognize niche marketing opportunities.
- Determine the needs of the community.
- Evaluate the opportunities for expansion.
- Determine the necessary steps in starting and establishing a niche market in agriculture.
- Research the different alternative market delivery systems.
- Interpret the marketing alternatives for establishing a niche market.
- Analyze benefits from each alternative market choice.
- Identify the regulations and licensing requirements for the marketing of agricultural products in a non-traditional retail and wholesale system.
- Review the state regulations for marketing wholesale agricultural products.
- Review the state regulations for marketing retail agricultural products.
- Identify licensing procedures for niche marketing.
- Establish a customer analysis approach for the niche market.
- Understand the relationships between buyer and sellers.
- Explain the differences between segmentation, target and niche markets.
- Incorporate a customer relationship management system plan.
- Develop a promotional strategy for a niche market.
- Explain budgeting needs for a market promotion.
- Identify the different types of promotional activities available to place product in market.
- Design a business/marketing plan for an agricultural niche market.
- Establish business goals.
- Develop a product target market.
- Determine the competive products that will impact the niche market.
- Recognize the variety of alternative choices for consumers.
- Design a financial analysis instrument to measure business profitability.
- Identify benchmarks within business plan to safeguard against inadequate planning.
- Implement a niche market plan utilizing the agricultural production of the college farm location as the model.
- Review the current strategies for marketing of agricultural product at the college farm.
- Analyze the benefits of the marketing program.
- Enhance the current marketing program with a well formulated plan.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)