Dec 08, 2022
APP 602 - Internship I
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 12
Course Type: Voc/Tech
One semester of successful on-the-job training with a cooperating employer. Emphasis must be specific to career goals. (This course is Pass/Fail).
(This course is Pass/Fail.)
Prerequisite OR Corequisite: APP 600
- Create cooperative working relationships with peers, subordinates, and supervisors.
- Interpret the opinions and feelings of others and respond accordingly.
- Demonstrate conflict resolution strategies.
- Display ability to adapt to a variety of situations and communication styles.
- Show empathy towards people and situations on the job.
- Generate professional written communication.
- Write clearly and effectively.
- Use appropriate style, format, grammar, and tone.
- Execute effective verbal communication.
- Demonstrate professional tone, clarity, inflection, volume, and rate of speech.
- Sell a tangible product, service or idea.
- Establish professional presence.
- Develop poise, self-confidence, and a positive attitude.
- Choose appropriate style; dress and grooming.
- Practice a firm handshake.
- Show strong eye contact and relevant facial expressions.
- Support productive initiative, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility.
- Develop alternative courses of action.
- Analyze decisions based on fact.
- Structure time efficiently and effectively.
- Understand ethical and organizational norms in job-related activities.
- Develop a deeper understanding for the meaning and purpose of business etiquette.
- Show the skill of making small talk.
- Explain the importance of making great first impressions.
- Use appropriate business dining etiquette.
- Adhere to the job duties and responsibilities of internship.
- Work a minimum of 180 hours.
- Obtain a satisfactory employer evaluation.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)