Jun 06, 2023
APP 600 - Industry Career Development
Lecture Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This is a preparatory course for students taking the Internship I. With this course, students will compile an effective and professional portfolio to aid in the acquisition of an internship within their chosen career area. There will also be components including interview prep, professional image, negotiating job offers, navigating conflicts in the workplace, establishing connections within the industry, and creating professional networking profiles.
- Define and demonstrate professionalism, etiquette, courtesy, and ethics expected in the fashion industry today.
- Identify components of a professional image in the fashion industry.
- Describe the process of negotiating job offers.
- Develop writing skills needed in today’s professional world.
- Compose a cover letter.
- Write thank you letter(s.)
- Create a professional electronic portfolio.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Execute the necessary steps to accomplish a successful interview.
- Explore different networking tools & opportunities.
- Investigate & utilize conflict resolution techniques.
- Create a professional resume.
- Design professional social media profiles to utilize in the job search.
- Use Linkedin.
- Use either Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)