May 26, 2022
ECE 106 - Child Dev. Associate Standards Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 4
Course Type: Open
Develop and prepare for the Child Development Associate (CDA) National Credentialing Program for individuals seeking a Center-Based Infant/ Toddler, Center-Based Preschool or Family Child Care CDA Credential. Develop a professional portfolio including the collection of resources, writing of reflective statements of competence and professional philosophy statement as outlined by the CDA application requirements. Prepare for the CDA verification visit. May be repeated for an additional three semesters for a total of 4 elective credit hours.
(This course is Pass/Fail.)
Prerequisite: ECE 103 ECE 133 ECE 243 ECE 343 and ECE 158 or ECE 221 or instructor permission
- Analyze work with young children and provide evidence of planning a safe and healthy learning environment, advancing physical and intellectual development, supporting children?s social and emotional development, building productive relationships with families, managing an effective program operation, maintaining a commitment to professionalism, observing and recording children?s behavior, and understanding principles of child development and learning.
- Collect professional resources that support effective practice in early childhood settings.
- Describe evidence of competency by preparing written reflections of your own teaching practices
- Develop a professional philosophy statement summarizing your professional beliefs and values about early childhood education.
- Demonstrate personal and professional readiness for the credentialing process.
- Present a professional portfolio.
- Collect Family Questionnaires from families of children in your care.
- Review knowledge and test-taking skills to prepare for the CDA Credential Exam.
- Verbalize areas of strength and growth as related to the CDA competency standards or functional areas.
- Obtain or verify certification in pediatric First Aid and CPR, Universal Precautions, and Mandatory Child Abuse Reporting certifications.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)