May 17, 2022
DHY 302 - Clinical Dental Hygiene IV Credits: 5
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 15
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Open
See DHY 301 .
Prerequisite: DHY 292 , DHY 291 .
Corequisite: DHY 301
- Apply previous practicum competencies.
- Review previous competencies.
- Demonstrate previous practicum competencies with independence, efficiency, and confidence.
- Establish increasing proficiency within prescribed error margins
- Demonstrate actions in accordance with standards of personal and professional accountability
- Act personally accountable in clinical environment
- Demonstrate professional accountability in a clinical environment
- Implement safe, effective, non-traumatic clinical dental hygiene techniques in order to achieve and/or maintain the patient’s optimal oral health
- Detect and remove supragingival deposits for all Deposit Classifications
- Detect and remove all subgingival deposits for Deposit Classifications II and III
- Detect and remove most subgingival deposits for Deposit Classifications IV and V
- Demonstrate execution of and use of dental impressions
- Take dental impressions
- Make study models for clients with appropriate needs
- Integrate basic science knowledge with pertinent patient data for education and treatment
- Render individualized comprehensive patient education
- Render individualized comprehensive patient education treatment
- Communicate professionally in a clinical environment
- Discuss with other health professionals when providing patient care
- Obtain patient consent
- Analyze current research in preventive and treatment modalities
- Apply current research to preventive modalities
- Apply current research to treatment modalities.
- Interpret the required paperwork process for Clinical Boards.
- Select the order and context that each piece is utilized in the testing situation according to the CRDTS manual
- Practice filing out the required paper work in a classroom environment.
- Evaluate the criteria necessary for candidate selection for Clinical Boards.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly identify a qualifying candidate.
- Utilize the CRDTS manual criteria to screen potential candidates.
- Execute a live simulation of the Clinical Board Examination.
- Select qualifying candidates.
- Coordinate scheduling, attendance, and completion of patient services
- Determine readiness for participating in Clinical Boards based on the results of the CRDTS scoring system of the mock candidate.
Competencies Revised Date: 2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)