Feb 23, 2020
AUT 933 - Technical Internship I Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 15
Course Type: Voc/Tech
The intern will work in a participating repair facility. The intern must complete a minimum of 225 hours of work during the internship. The tasks will be consistent with the technician’s ability and previous course work. A task list will be issued to each repair facility.
Prerequisite: AUT 114 , AUT 615 , AUT 404 , AUT 524
- Perform acceptable employee attendance, responsibility, and productivity habits as noted on “Employer’s Evaluation of Coop Student” form.
- Show regular attendance.
- Demonstrate job punctuality.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to work.
- Show employee dependability.
- Display quality work.
- Exhibit good judgment.
- Present ability to learn.
- Reveal initiative.
- Display positive working relations with others.
- Complete internship weekly work reports.
- Log daily work.
- Submit weekly work reports
- Evaluate vehicle maintenance work
- Complete Lube, Oil, Filter service.
- Complete cooling system service.
- Complete transmission system service.
- Complete vehicle maintenance inspection.
- Perform 30 hours of vehicle maintenance work.
- Assess Brake work.
- Complete disk brake repairs
- Complete parking brake repairs
- Complete hydraulic brake system repairs
- Complete ABS repairs
- Perform 30 hours of Brake work
- Evaluate Steering & Suspension work
- Complete steering linkage service
- Complete suspension component service
- Perform 30 hours of Steering and Suspension work
- Assess Electrical work
- Complete vehicle electrical diagnosis
- Repair vehicle electrical circuits
- Measure vehicle electrical systems with DVOM.
- Perform 30 hours of electrical work
Add to Portfolio