Jun 27, 2019
Lecture Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Prerequisite: WDV 221 or instructor permission
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of client side data validation.
- Identify efficiencies of client side validation.
- Identify potential problems with client side validation.
- Identify potential security issues with using client side validation.
- Demonstrate client side data validation of form content.
- Use regular expressions to validate data.
- Use a script to display information and instructions to a user.
- Use CSS to modify the presentation and location of the data.
- Discuss the issues of browser compatibility related to advanced scripting and CSS.
- Identify the primary browsers and their relative market share.
- Discuss the role of the DOM within a browser.
- Identify differences in the DOM between the primary browsers.
- Identify various techniques for addressing browser compatibility.
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of each technique.
- Demonstrate techniques to handle browser compatibility issues.
- Code a script that will identify the browser in use.
- Code a script that uses object detection as browser identification.
- Code a script that will change settings based upon browser identification.
- Code a script that will modify the Style object properties of an element.
- Code a script that will update the Style object of the moving element.
- Code a script that will update the Style object of a moving element over time.
- Demonstrate Dynamic Content manipulation.
- Code a script that will replace content sections of a page with new content.
- Code a script that will remove content sections of a page.
- Code a script that will add new sections of content on a page.
- Change content based upon user activity.
- Change content based upon user preferences.
- Code a script that will reformat a web page with a different CSS stylesheet.
- Create a multi page commercially oriented website application.
- Analyze the purpose and requirements of the business.
- Identify appropriate functionality for the application.
- Investigate the required tools and techniques to implement the functionality.
- Use the concepts and techniques from the course to write the application.
- Implement the website application on an Internet server or a commercial web server.
[Add to Portfolio]