Jun 26, 2019
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Prerequisite: WDV 101 or instructor permission.
- Demonstrate an understanding of DHTML and how it can be used within a website application.
- Define DHTML.
- Discuss the role of HTML or XHTML within DHTML.
- Discuss the role of CSS within DHTML.
- Discuss the role of the Document Object Model within DHTML.
- Discuss the issue of Browser Compatibility in DHTML.
- Define client side scripting languages.
- Demonstrate Javscript in a web based application.
- Define variables in local and global scope.
- Code function scripts.
- Code run time scripts.
- Create if statements and nested if statements.
- Create for and while loops.
- Use arrays to store and retrieve data.
- Use event handlers to activate functions.
- Use the DATE object to manipulate dates.
- Use the MATH object to manipulate variables and values.
- Use the ARRAY object to build and manipulate data.
- Use the GLOBAL object.
- Use the STYLE Object to modify CSS content.
- Create a Regular Expression.
- Write a script that will pull data from form elements.
- Write a script that will modify data in form elements.
- Write a script that will use HTML forms to interact with the user.
- Create a multi page commercially oriented website application.
- Analyze the purpose and requirements of the business.
- Identify appropriate functionality for the application.
- Investigate the required tools and techniques to implement the functionality.
- Use the concepts and techniques from the course to write the application.
- Implement the website application on an Internet server or a commercial web server.
[Add to Portfolio]