Jun 26, 2019
This certificate will provide students with the opportunity to develop specific skills to design for a range of interactive media including websites, cellular telephones, personal digital assistants and other technology. The Interactive Media for Graphic Design certificate is designed for students in the Graphic Design program or for individuals with prior graphic design experience who are looking to update their skills.
For more information about the Interactive Media for Graphic Design certificate, please visit our website at https://www.dmacc.edu/programs/graphicdesign/Pages/welcome.aspx.
Program Entry Requirements
- Complete an application for admission.
- Satisfy the assessment requirement.
- Attend any required information/registration session.
To earn an Interactive Media certificate, a student must complete all required coursework as prescribed and maintain a 2.0 grade point average.
Tuition……………………………………………………………………………………..$147.00 per credit
The costs for each program are estimates and subject to change.
Approximate total for certificate: $897-$1,047*
* Program entry requirements are not included in the total approximate cost.
What Kind of Work Will You Do?
- Video production on a crew working on sets and in studios.
- Define goals and audience content and assets.
- Structure flowcharts and site maps.
- Design page comps and production storyboards.
- Build and test sites using Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Dreamweaver and other adobe software
- Upload, launch and revise pages and sites.
What Skills and Abilities Will You Need?
- Ability to learn new procedures and software technical skills quickly and independently.
- A thorough knowledge of basic computer OS skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire and discipline to spend whatever time it takes to complete complicated projects.
What Else Should I Consider about this Specialist Certificate?
- Working in interactive media requires a dedication to keeping current with standards and software that change every year. Continuing self-education is a must.
- Average starting salary for Graphic Design degree: $35,000 (U.S. Dept. of Labor)
Des Moines Area Community College shall not engage in nor allow discrimination covered by law against any person, group or organization. This includes in employment, hiring practices or the provision of services, and harassment or discrimination based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and genetic information. Veteran status in educational programs, activities, employment practices, or admission procedures is also included to the extent covered by law. Individuals who believe they have been discriminated against may file a complaint through the College Discrimination Complaint Procedure. Complaint forms may be obtained from the Campus Provost’s office, the Academic Deans’ office, the Judicial Officer, or the EEO/AA Officer, Human Resources. For information about the ADA, the Section 504/ADA Coordinator may be contacted at 515-964-6857. For Title IX questions and concerns contact 515-964-6850. (2016)