Jan 26, 2022
The Sales/Service certificate prepares the student for an entry-level position in the agricultural sales and service industry. Upon completion, the successful candidate will be able to utilize a general knowledge of the industry to more effectively serve the customers within the sales and service sector. Marketing skills will be enhanced through the application of enterprise analysis and management tools.
For more information about the Agribusiness-Sales and Service certificate, please visit our website at www.dmacc.edu/programs/ag.
Option 1 Courses - Select 1 Course
Tuition……………………………………………………………………………………..$143.00 per credit
The costs for each program are estimates and subject to change.
|Educational Seminars, Field Trips
Approximate total for the program: $3,480*
*Program entry requirements are not included in the total approximate cost.
What Kind of Work Will You Do?
• Transfer knowledge of products and their uses to customers.
• Advise crop and livestock producers on the special problems they have and the most economical ways of solving them.
• Perform calculations for cost estimates, tests and formulas.
• Operate and maintain a variety of equipment.
• Perform “housekeeping” chores to keep the work environment neat and orderly.
• Attend conferences and meetings and read various trade publications to keep current on developments in the industry.
What Skills and Abilities Will You Need?
• Operate agricultural equipment.
• Ability to handle a variety of agricultural situations.
• Exhibit good attitude toward the job.
• Work well with customers and other employees.
• Manage, lead and train others.
• Follow verbal and written directions.
• Plan and organize well.
• Use math in figuring enterprise budgets, nutrition formulations and marketing activities.
• Understand technical information about the industry and communicate to others.
• Perform a variety of physically demanding activities such as heavy lifting (50 pounds or more).
What Else Should I Consider about this Program or Career Choice?
• The industry is so broad that students will have the opportunity to participate in the area of most interest.
• The primary purpose of this certificate is for preparation for work in the agricultural sales and service industry.
• You will often have a lot of responsibility and work with little supervision.
• The work can be dirty, unpleasant at times and sometimes dangerous.
• The field changes rapidly and the job you will have 10 years from now may not exist today.
• You work long hours when necessary including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Average starting salary for those not directly involved in their own entrepreneurial enterprise is approximately $25,172.
Des Moines Area Community College shall not engage in or allow discrimination covered by law. This includes harassment based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and genetic information. Veteran status in educational programs, activities, employment practices, or admission procedures is also included to the extent covered by law. Individuals who believe they have been discriminated against may file a complaint through the College Discrimination Complaint Procedure. Complaint forms may be obtained from the Campus Provost’s office, the Academic Deans’ office, the Judicial Officer, or the EEO/AA Officer, Human Resources. For information about the ADA, the Section 504/ADA Coordinator can be contacted at 515-964-6857. For Title IX questions and concerns contact 515-964-6850.