May 08, 2021
A student who completes this certificate should be able to maintain, update, design and build a commercially oriented website application with a focus on the client side present ion. More advanced functionality would be available within Wordpress applications.
For more information about the Web Developer certificate, please visit our website at https://www.dmacc.edu/it/Pages/webdev.aspx.
Students start any semester.
Program Entry Requirements
- Complete an application for admission.
- Satisfy the assessment requirement.
- Attend any required information/registration session.
To earn a Web Developer certificate, a student must complete all required coursework as prescribed and maintain a 2.0 grade point average.
For more information about the Web Developer certificate, please visit our website at https://go.dmacc.edu/it/Pages/welcome.aspx
Option 1 - Select 1 Course
Tuition……………………………………………………………………………………..$143.00 per credit
The costs for each program are estimates and subject to change.
|Software (optional, one-time purchase of the Adobe Academic Creative Suite)
Approximate total for the program: $4,103*
* Program entry requirements are not included in the total approximate cost.
What Kind of Work Will You Do?
- Updates and modifications to existing website applications.
- Debugging and fixing of website applications.
- Creating new pages and content for existing applications.
- Implementing new technologies in older website applications.
- Meet with customers and clients to determine needs, expectations and deadlines.
- Creation of new website applications.
- Manipulation of images and other content for presentation on a web page.
- Use a variety of skills and technologies to define, design and build applications that meet customer and client
- business expectations.
What Skills and Abilities Will You Need?
- Interest and curiosity about new and developing technologies related to the Internet.
- Good communication skills, especially written and personal skills.
- Self-motivation and excellent time management skills. Excellent general computer skills and a high comfort level using new software.
What Else Should I Consider about this Program or Career Choice?
- Classes require daily use of a computer with current software and operating system.
- Program uses both Mac and PC skills.
- The material, software and technologies within this program change very rapidly.
- Many employment opportunities are part-time, contract and self-employed work that require experience or work examples.
- Very compatible and valuable to the following areas of study: Graphic Design, Photography, Marketing, Sales, Computer Programming, Entrepreneurship, Journalism and Business.
Des Moines Area Community College shall not engage in or allow discrimination covered by law. This includes harassment based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and genetic information. Veteran status in educational programs, activities, employment practices, or admission procedures is also included to the extent covered by law. Individuals who believe they have been discriminated against may file a complaint through the College Discrimination Complaint Procedure. Complaint forms may be obtained from the Campus Provost’s office, the Academic Deans’ office, the Judicial Officer, or the EEO/AA Officer, Human Resources. For information about the ADA, the Section 504/ADA Coordinator can be contacted at 515-964-6857. For Title IX questions and concerns contact 515-964-6850.