The Water and Wastewater Treatment Technology diploma is designed to address the education requirements of both operators working in the water treatment industry and entry-level students interested in entering the water treatment and wastewater treatment industry. The program is designed to provide a progressive credential structure through which students can gain two certificates and a diploma. The diploma credential can be further laddered into the Water Environmental Technology AAS degree program.
The main objective of the program is to provide a comprehensive educational opportunity for immediate and future plant operators and treatment employees and managers. People who may be interested in this program:
- Entry-level students interested in entering the field of water or wastewater treatment technology.
- Plant operators working on improving their industry certification level through attainment of coursework.
- Plant operators laddering their education into the Water Environmental Technology degree.
This program provides training and educational experiences that will prepare you for certification examinations. Work experience requirements must be met before you are eligible to take an examination for certification. Be sure to refer to the certifying body in your area to determine eligibility. In Iowa, visit the DNR website located at www.iowadnr.gov/water/files/opcert.pdf.
For more information about the Water and Wastewater Treatment Technology program, please visit our website at www.dmacc.edu/programs/water.
Program Entry Requirements:
- Complete an application for admission.
- Satisfy the assessment requirement.
- Attend any required information/registration session.
- Complete a high school chemistry course and biology course or equivalent with a “C” or higher.
Students start any semester.
To earn a Water and Wastewater Treatment Technology diploma, a student must complete all coursework as prescribed and maintain a 2.0 grade point average. A grade of 2.0 (C) or better is required in all courses required for this diploma.