F809 - Use of College Facilities
Physical plant facilities are established, maintained and operated with public funds. The College shall make its plant facilities available to responsible organizations, associations, and individuals of the community for civic, cultural, welfare or recreational activities which do not infringe upon nor interfere with the operation and interests of the College.
Activities for which facilities shall not be used may include, but are not limited to:
- Those in conflict with College activities.
- Fund-raising campaigns except as permitted by Board policy or special action of the Board.
- Those which are illegally discriminatory.
- Organizations or individuals promulgating any theory or doctrine subversive to the laws of the United States or any political subdivision thereof advocating governmental change by violence.
- Any activity that may damage buildings, grounds, or equipment.
- Those of a partisan political nature for which no cost is incurred by the user.
- Any activity that is perceived as unsafe to the occupants of any and all College property, building and grounds.
Approval and Fees:
The President shall approve administrative procedures for rental and scheduling the use of facilities and equipment. The procedures shall provide for appropriate indemnification of the College, as well as damage deposits or certificates of insurance.
Adopted: June 17, 1986
Reviewed: 2005, 2011
January 10, 2000
October 10, 2011
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)