Dec 05, 2021
SA515 - Campus Crime/Sexual Abuse
Section: Student Affairs
The College shall comply with federal and state statutes that require:
- Development of security procedures.
- Collection of crime statistics (including sexual abuse) and the appropriate distribution of such statistics to students and staff.
- Development of procedures to address racial violence, equity and inclusion.
- Development of procedures to address sexual assaults and/or abuse that is directed as follows: 1) counseling, 2) campus security, 3) education, and 4) reporting to duly constituted law enforcement authorities.
- Annual reporting to designated federal and state agencies of crime statistics and information provided to students and staff relating to campus crime and sexual abuse.
The College shall annually prepare, publish and distribute, through appropriate publications or mailings, to all students and employees, and to any applicant for enrollment or employment upon request, a report containing at least the following information.
- The College’s policies regarding procedures and facilities for students and others to report criminal actions or other emergencies on campus and the College’s policies concerning its response to such reports.
- The College’s policies regarding security and access to campus facilities and security considerations used in the maintenance of campus facilities.
- The College’s policies regarding the enforcement authority of campus security, including their relationship with state and local police, and policies which encourage accurate and prompt reporting of all crimes to campus police and the appropriate police agencies.
- A description of the College’s programs designed to inform students and employees about security procedures and practices and to encourage students and employees to be responsible for their own security and the security of others, including the type and frequency of the programs.
- A description of the College’s programs designed to inform students and employees about crime prevention.
- Statistics concerning the occurrence on campus at the College or other location specified by law, during the most recent school year, and during the two preceding school years for which data are available, of the following criminal offenses reported to campus security authorities or local police agencies:
- criminal homicide;
- sex offenses;
- aggravated assault;
- motor vehicle theft; and
Statistics regarding whether any of the above offenses, or other crimes involving bodily injury or hate crimes, shall also be disclosed.
- The College’s policies concerning the monitoring and recording through local police agencies of criminal activity at off-campus student organizations which are recognized by the College and that are engaged in by students attending the College, including any student organizations with off-campus housing facilities.
- Statistics concerning the number of arrests and number of persons referred for disciplinary action for the following crimes occurring on campus at the College or other location specified by law:
- liquor law violations;
- drug law violations; and
- illegal weapons possessions.
- The College’s policies regarding the possession, use, and sale of alcoholic beverages and enforcement of State underage drinking laws and the College’s policies regarding the possession, use and sale of illegal drugs and enforcement of Federal and State drug laws and a description of any drug and alcohol abuse education programs at the College.
- The College’s policies regarding its campus sexual assault programs to prevent sex offenses, and procedures to follow when a sex offense occurs, as well as the College’s statement advising the campus community where sex offender registration information may be obtained.
Adopted: October 12, 1992
Reviewed: 2005, 2011, 2019
January 10, 2000
October 10, 2011
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)