ES4860 - DMACC Bulletin Boards
Section: EDUCATIONAL SERVICES PROCEDURES
SubSection: STUDENT ACTIVITIES
Master List Section: Student Services
- Institutional Regulations
To provide direction and clarification of procedures for posting material on bulletin boards at Des Moines Area Community College. Companion procedure to ES4890 and ES4891.
- Bulletin boards may be used by recognized campus organizations and departments to post items related to their activities.
- All items on bulletin boards must be approved by the Student Activities office on the Ankeny Campus or the Provosts’ Office (or Provost’s designee) on the Boone, Carroll, Newton, Urban and West Campuses and must display an approval stamp. Unapproved items will be removed.
- Items will normally be approved for a two-week period of time.
- Items of general interest and direction may exceed the two-week limit and extended posting may be for the academic year.
- Bulletin boards will normally be cleared once a week and new material posted.
- The Student Activities office on the Ankeny Campus or the Provosts’ Office (or Provost’s designee) on the Boone, Carroll, Newton, Urban and West Campus provides the service of affixing posters to bulletin boards at no charge.
- Due to limitations on space, the use of college bulletin boards will be limited to campus departments and recognized campus organizations to post items related to their activities.
- The Student Activities office reserves the right to deny approval of items posted on the bulletin boards in accordance with the law.
SA 513 - Student Government
SA 514 - Student Activities
Adopted: July 1, 1994
Reviewed: Reviewed on 9/22/22
August 22, 2013
May 11, 2022 - Cross referenced to Policy SA513.
May 16, 2022 - Cross referenced to Policy SA514.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)