Sep 22, 2023
ES4805 - Student Activities Council Programming and Student Club Events
Section: EDUCATIONAL SERVICES PROCEDURES
SubSection: STUDENT ACTIVITIES
Master List Section: Student Services
- Institutional Regulation
To outline the process for planning and obtaining necessary approvals for Student Activities Council and Student Club sponsored events. To outline the process for scheduling Student Activities Council and Student Clubs events on campus.
- The Student Activities Council procedure established for payment of claims (consistent with Business Procedures BS5814 ) will be followed. No payment will be made unless it is properly approved by SAC.
- All club sponsored events are required to submit an Activity Approval Form to the Student Activities Office at least 3 business days prior to the event. This includes, but not limited to, travel, conferences, workshops, meetings, retreats, volunteering (on and off-campus), fundraisers (on and off-campus), activities, etc.
- Hours, behavior and activities related to social events shall be reasonable and proper. Students must be in compliance with ES4630 .
- A date will be established and necessary materials and facilities scheduled for the planned activity. All on-campus facilities will be scheduled through the appropriate Scheduling office. Approval by the appropriate Student Activities staff member is required prior to scheduling facilities.
- Any contracts for said event (see SAC procedure for payment of claims) must be signed by all appropriate personnel prior to the event, and must be on file in the Student Activities office.
- All payments for contracted services will be requested on the appropriate forms according the Business Procedures Manual.
- On-campus publicity will include posters, the student newspaper, table tents in the Student Center, the tv monitors, and the DMACC Daily. All publicity should be available at least one week before the scheduled event.
SA 513 - Student Government
SA 514 - Student Activities
Adopted: July 1, 1994
Reviewed: Reviewed on 9/22/22
July 1, 2017
May 11, 2022 - Cross-referenced to Policy SA513. Also cross-referenced to Policy SA514.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)