Nov 30, 2023
ES4534 - Advanced Placement Program
Section: EDUCATIONAL SERVICES PROCEDURES
SubSection: STUDENT RECORDS
Master List Section: Student Services
- Institutional Regulations
The College will award credit for the National Advanced Placement Program Exams (APP).
- Student must submit an official Advanced Placement Program transcript to the Student Academic Records Office for evaluation.
- DMACC may award up to 30 semester hours of credit based on scores obtained on the Advanced Placement Examinations.
- Credit may be applied toward core or program requirements for students who have taken college level courses in high school and received a satisfactory score on the Advanced Placement Examination.
- A minimum of 12 semester credit hours must be successfully completed at DMACC before APP credit is applied to the student’s permanent record.
- Credits earned through APP will not be awarded as transfer credit and will not be considered in determining grade point average.
- APP credits shall be recorded on the student’s permanent record by a “T”.
- The minimum scores required by DMACC to receive credit are available in the Credentials Office or on the DMACC web site.
- Awarding of APP credit will be in accordance with Liaison-Advisory Committee on Transfer Students (LACTS) agreement as stated in ES4537 - Awarding Credit for Tests Through College Level Examination Program (CLEP) .
Adopted: July 1, 1994
June 1, 2018
Approved for Catalog: Executive Vice President, College Operations
Note: Guidelines for Awarding Credit
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)