Feb 28, 2024
ES4055 - Final Exam Days
Section: EDUCATIONAL SERVICES PROCEDURES
SubSection: ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Master List Section: Student Services
- To establish guidelines for faculty for final exam days.
- Institutional Regulations
- Des Moines Area Community College expects faculty to make efficient and complete use of all scheduled class/lab and final exam periods. The instructional process should continue through the last regularly scheduled class period of the term and the final exams are to be scheduled during the official exam days. A comprehensive final exam or an alternative assessment is required.
- DMACC Registrar’s Office will provide an official final exam schedule at the beginning of the term based upon required number of instructional days in compliance with the Calendar Committee’s guidelines.
- Faculty are to arrange a full schedule of teaching activities through the last regularly scheduled student contact day/prior to finals.
- Faculty are to follow the final exam schedule for all courses with all instructional methods. Any deviation from the published final exam schedule must be submitted in writing to the appropriate dean/campus provost and an approved copy returned to the instructor.
- An amount equal to the pay for one day of service shall be deducted from the salary of any faculty member for each day of service not performed if absence from duty with pay is not authorized by the Board or sick leave policy in effect pursuant to the provisions of the 279.40, Code of Iowa.
Adopted: July 1, 1990
August 1, 2018
Approved for Catalog: Executive Vice President, College Operations
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)