Oct 03, 2023
HR3730 - Personal Leave
Section: HUMAN RESOURCES PROCEDURES
Master List Section: Human Resources
- Institutional Regulations
- Regular full-time Support Staff, Confidential Clerical, Trail Point Support and Administrative/Professional employees shall be granted 4 days (32 hours) of Personal Leave per fiscal year. Regular full-time, nine-month Faculty employees shall be granted 3 days (24 hours) of Personal Leave per collective bargaining contract year. Regular full-time, twelve-month Faculty employees shall be granted 4 days (32 hours) of Personal Leave per collective bargaining agreement contract year.
- Regular part-time employees shall be granted Personal Leave as follows:
- Support Staff, Confidential Clerical, and Trail Point Support Based on their FTE and then rounded to the nearest hour
- Administrative/Professional employees and 12-month Faculty.
- FTE of .701 to .899 = 28 hours of Personal Leave/year
- FTE of .900 to 1 = 32 hours of Personal Leave/year
- Nine-month Faculty
- FTE of .51 to 7.000 = 16 hours of Personal Leave/year
- FTE of .701 to .899 = 20 hours of Personal Leave/year
- FTE of .900 to 1 = 24 hours of Personal Leave/year
- Personal Leave Accrual
- Nonfaculty employees shall be eligible for their full allotment of Personal Leave at the beginning of the fiscal year. Faculty employees shall be eligible for their full allotment at the beginning of the collective bargaining contract year.
- A full-time nine-month faculty employee with a full-time summer teaching load shall receive a fourth personal day to be used by the end of the contract year. The fourth personal day may not be carried over into the next contract year.
- Employees hired on or after January 1 shall receive half of their regular annual allotment of Personal Leave in their initial fiscal/contract year of employment. Faculty hired on or after May 1 shall receive 1 day of Personal Leave. Faculty hired after July 1 will not receive Personal Leave until the following contract year.
- Leave Carryover
- For Support Staff, Confidential Clerical, Trail Point Support, Administrative/Professional and Regular twelve-month Faculty employees, Personal Leave is not cumulative and unused days may not be carried into the next fiscal/contract year.
- For Regular nine-month Faculty employees, one day may carry over to the next year for a maximum of four days in any one contract year.
- Personal Leave Usage
- Support Staff, Confidential Clerical, and Trail Point Support employees may use Personal Leave in one-hour increments. Administrative/Professional and Faculty employees may only use Personal Leave in half or full-day increments.
- Faculty may not use Personal Leave on days designated as DMACC In-Service Days or Faculty Development Days on the DMACC Academic Calendar.
- Support Staff, Confidential Clerical and Trail Point Support employees may not use Personal Leave until they have completed 90 calendar days of their probationary period.
- Employees may only use Personal Leave to the extent that it is available.
- Personal Leave Approval
- An employee who wishes to use Personal Leave shall request permission from the immediate supervisor as far in advance as possible. The employee shall request prior approval according to procedures established by the supervisor. Personal Leave usage shall be reported on Employee Web,
- For Administrative/Professional, Support Staff, Confidential Clerical, and Trail Point Support employees, a supervisor may verbally approve Personal Leave for an employee who calls in the day of the absence if there are extenuating circumstances. If the supervisor determines that the circumstances do not warrant an exception to receiving prior approval, the employee may be:
- Directed to return to work;
- Considered to be on an unauthorized absence;
- Placed on nonpay status;
- Subject to disciplinary action.
- For Faculty, approval of Personal Leave shall be in accordance with their collective bargaining agreement.
Policy HR426 - Employee Leave
HR427 - Faculty Qualifications & Role
Adopted: October 1, 2002
December 1, 2003
July 1, 2005
July 1, 2006
November 1, 2006
November 1, 2007
November 1, 2008
November 1, 2011
February 1, 2016
February 21, 2017
September 1, 2020
June 1, 2022
July 27, 2023
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)