Feb 21, 2024
HR3500 - Payroll Schedule
Section: HUMAN RESOURCES PROCEDURES
Master List Section: Human Resources
- Institutional Regulations
All College employees shall be paid semi-monthly on the 15th and the last day of the month. If either of these days falls on a holiday or weekend, employees shall be paid on the preceding work day. Payment for time worked may exceed twelve days after the end of the work period, as outlined in the DMACC Payroll Calendar.
- Pay Periods
- Pay for Administrative/Professional, IES Administrative/Professional, and Faculty employees does not tie to pay periods having specific days/dates but is simply 1/24th of the annual salary.
- The regular pay for Support Staff, Confidential Clerical, Trail Point Support, Temporary and Student employees is tied to pay periods. It is based on actual hours worked in the fiscal year. There are a few grandfathered positions in this group that have their pay annualized so that employees receive 1/24th of their pay each pay date.
- Pay Dates
- Support Staff, Confidential Clerical, Trail Point Support, Temporary and Student employees shall be paid behind according to the timesheet dates on the DMACC Payroll Calendar.
- Administrative/Professional and IES Administrative/Professional employees and 12-month faculty are paid 1/24th of their annual salary each pay period.
- Salaried non-exempt Administrative/Professional employees will receive overtime pay according to the timesheet dates on the DMACC Payroll Calendar.
- Faculty shall receive the first pay of their contract year on the first pay date in September.
- Employees receiving deferred pay (e.g., 9 Month Faculty and Administrative/Professional employees working less than 3 full semesters) shall have their pay spread through the entire year. Administrative/Professional employees scheduled to work less than 12 months per fiscal year shall receive the first of their 24 pays for a new fiscal or contract year on either the first pay date in August or September depending on the employee’s work schedule.
- Pay dates for Adjunct employees are as indicated on the DMACC Payroll Calendar.
- First/Last Pay for New and Separating Employees
- If a new employee is hired after the start of the fiscal or contract year, pay for the first year shall be based on the number of hours (Support Staff, Confidential Clerical and Trail Point Support) or duty days (Administrative/Professional, IES Administrative/Professional, and Faculty) remaining in the year. For Administrative/Professional, IES Administrative/Professional, and Faculty employees the first pay may need to be adjusted so that the rest of the pay may be spread evenly over the remaining pay dates.
- If an employee terminates before the end of the fiscal or contract year, pay for the year shall be equal to the number of hours (Support Staff, Confidential Clerical and Trail Point Support) or duty days (Administrative/Professional, IES Administrative/Professional, and Faculty) worked from the start of the year to the termination date. The employee’s final pay may need to be adjusted up or down, based upon the pay already received during the year.
Policy HR419 - Wages
Adopted: October 1, 2002
November 1, 2007
November 1, 2011
February 1, 2016
February 21, 2017
March 20, 2018
September 1, 2020
June 10, 2022
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)