Sep 21, 2023
HR3135 - Nepotism
Section: HUMAN RESOURCES PROCEDURES
Master List Section: Human Resources
- Institutional Regulations
DMACC employees may not directly or indirectly supervise or participate in personnel actions involving relatives. They may give work direction.
- Relatives: Spouse, siblings, children, parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, aunts/uncles, nephews/nieces, or comparable in-laws or step relationships.
- Supervision: To monitor employees in performance of assigned tasks. Authorized to administer or recommend personnel actions related to interviewing, hiring, compensation, performance evaluation, leave, discipline, dismissal or grievances; administer personnel related policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreements, or the EEO/AA plan.
- Work Direction: Provision of work assignments, training, and scheduling of work time.
- Indirect Supervision: A supervisor in the same supervisory chain of command.
- Personnel actions include hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, reassignment, performance evaluation, salary adjustment, leave accrual/usage, approval of time/payroll, discipline, grievance, termination or any other closely related actions.
- No relative of a Provost/Dean/Executive Director or higher level may be eligible for Regular employment at the College except by special approval of the President.
- Relatives not involved in supervision may be employed in the same work unit, at the discretion of the supervisor. Employment of more than one individual in a family is on the basis of their qualifications, credentials, and experience.
Policy HR403 - Nepotism
Adopted: October 1, 2002
August 1, 2006
November 1, 2010
September 1, 2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)