Sep 22, 2023
HR3130 - Hiring Process for Regular Employees
Section: HUMAN RESOURCES PROCEDURES
Master List Section: Human Resources
- Institutional Regulations
- The hiring process may not begin until the supervisor has submitted a Position Action Request and received approval to hire from the appropriate authorities.
- The supervisor and any screening or hiring committees shall follow the College hiring procedures as defined in the Hiring Process Handbook.
- Supervisors and screening/hiring committees may not discriminate in the hiring process. Employment decisions will be made without regard to applicant race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, actual or potential, family or marital status of a person and, to the extent covered by law, veteran status. The supervisor and the screening/hiring committee shall be accountable for providing affirmative action in accordance with the College Affirmative Action Plan and applicable law.
- The steps in the hiring process must be properly completed and documented before the supervisor may process a hiring recommendation.
- The President may approve requests to reimburse expenses related to interviewing and moving for administrative and managerial positions or as otherwise deemed appropriate.
Policy HR404 - Interviewing and Moving Expenses
Policy HR407 - Employment Authority
Adopted: October 1, 2002
November 1, 2010
November 1, 2011
November 1, 2012
October 1, 2014
March 24, 2016
February 21, 2017
September 1, 2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)