Nov 29, 2023
HR3105 - Employment Type
Section: HUMAN RESOURCES PROCEDURES
Master List Section: Human Resources
- Institutional Regulation
A person who is an employee of the College shall be employed as either a Regular, Adjunct, Temporary, Student or Work Study employee (see Educational Services Procedures for provisions governing Work Study employment).
- Regular employees are employees other than Adjunct, Temporary, Student or Work Study. Regular employees may be hired for a period of fixed duration due to funding limitations. Regular employees may be hired into full-time or part-time positions and are eligible for benefits.
- Adjunct, Temporary and Student employees are part-time employees whose employment is contingent upon the need for services. Adjunct employees are hired on a semester by semester basis. There is no expectation of ongoing employment for Adjunct, Temporary or Student employees, their employment may be terminated at any time, and they are generally ineligible for benefits, with the following exceptions:
- Adjunct and Temporary employees shall be required to participate in IPERS or FutureTracc based upon the wages earned or the conditions of their employment:
- Temporary and hourly paid adjunct employees who earn more than $1,000 during two consecutive quarters are required to participate in IPERS or FutureTracc.
- If a Temporary employee also works as an IPERS or FutureTracc ineligible Adjunct Instructor, the Adjunct earnings shall not count towards IPERS or FutureTracc.
- Adjunct and Temporary employees may voluntarily participate in tax sheltered 403(B) or 457(B) plans.
Policy HR407 - Employment Authority
Adopted: October 1, 2002
November 1, 2006
November 1, 2008
October 1, 2014
February 21, 2017
September 1, 2020
December 15, 2022
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)