Feb 21, 2024
BS5529 - Storage of Materials in Archives
Section: BUSINESS SERVICES PROCEDURES
SubSection: PHYSICAL PLANT
Master List Section: Facilities
- Institutional Regulations
There is limited storage in the lower level of the library of Building 6 for departments to store documents as required by college, state, or federal regulations.
- Items may be placed into archives storage by:
- Properly boxing materials with labels that include contents of box, department, name, date placed into storage and a date of destruction. Items not containing this information may not be placed into the archives. Labels may be obtained from the Physical Plant.
- No furniture is to be stored in the area.
- The Physical Plant will remove items for destruction on the date indicated on the label.
- The limited archives space available has been assigned to:
- Business and Industry Training
- Business Office
- Student Records
- Human Resources
- Humanities & Public Services
- District Administration
- Health Care Administration
- If the space assigned to a department becomes full, the department will be required to designate existing materials for destruction. No additional space is available.
- A work order must be submitted to the Physical Plant requesting the documents be placed in the archives.
- Each department is required to review all materials in the archives annually and remove those items no longer needed. Items that are no longer required by College, state or federal law to be stored must be removed.
- In order to maintain organization in the archives areas
- No items are to be added to the archives without a Physical Plant Work Order.
- Items must be returned to original shelf location after review of materials. Items not returned to their proper shelf location will be removed from the archives. No items are to be left on the floor.
Adopted: July 1, 2000
Reviewed: March 2007
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)