Feb 21, 2024
BS5522 - Property Loss Report
Section: BUSINESS SERVICES PROCEDURES
SubSection: PHYSICAL PLANT
Master List Section: Facilities
- Institutional Regulations
Property loss reports will be prepared, reviewed, and permanently filed on all reported casualty losses on College property.
- Inform Security or the Campus Provost immediately to assist in fact finding and preservation of evidence.
- Security personnel will summon City, County, or state officials, if requested.
- Property losses resulting from theft or mysterious disappearance should be reported using the DMACC Incident Report form. Copies can be made available by request to the Director of Campus Safety and Security.
- The DMACC Incident Report form should be prepared in detail giving complete descriptive information, which could aid in identification and recovery of items involved.
- On all property losses of DMACC capital equipment, one copy of the report, including asset description and identification numbers, if known, is to be sent to the Coordinator of Purchasing for proper inventory records adjustment and proper insurance claim reports.
- A copy of the Incident Report can be made available by request to the Director of Campus Safety and Security.
- The original Incident Report will be filed in a permanent file for reference in recovery of listed items.
Adopted: July 1, 2000
Reviewed: November 2007; October 2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)