Feb 28, 2024
BS5521 - Motor Vehicle Accident Report
Section: BUSINESS SERVICES PROCEDURES
SubSection: PHYSICAL PLANT
Master List Section: Facilities
- Institutional Regulations
Accident reports on approved forms will be prepared, reviewed, and filed for all motor vehicle accidents, which occur, on college property. Security or the Campus Executive Dean will assist in filing appropriate reports for any motor vehicle accident.
- All accidents are to be reported to Security or the Campus Executive Dean as soon as practical after the accident.
- Based on the nature of the accident, Security or the Campus Executive Dean will determine whether to call appropriate city or state officers, ambulance service or the College nurse to administer first aid.
- The Supervisor of Transportation will advise drivers of the proper repair/tow options.
- As soon as practical, a copy of the DMACC Incident Report shall be prepared with all pertinent information noted. These reports can be obtained from the Physical Plant Office, Building 12. The original will be filed in the DMACC Security Office with copies to:
- Drivers, if requested.
- Director of Purchasing,
- Supervisor of Transportation
- Facts relating to the case will be reviewed to determine if the College can reasonably eliminate unnecessary hazards or place signs or markers, which may prevent future accidents.
- In the event of an accident at or under $1,000 in damages and if requested by the drivers, DMACC Security will call Ankeny Police Department to fill out a non-reportable report with copies for all concerned. For any accident over $1,000 or if personal injury is involved, DMACC Security is required by law to call the Ankeny Police Department to complete a State of Iowa Accident report.
- The Director of Purchasing will implement the required insurance claim reports.
Adopted: July 1, 1991
Reviewed: November 2007
July 1, 2000
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)