Feb 21, 2024
BS5501 - Use of College Facilities
Section: BUSINESS SERVICES PROCEDURES
SubSection: PHYSICAL PLANT
Master List Section: Facilities
- Institutional Regulations
- The College’s institutional programs, equipment needs and/or energy considerations shall take priority over all other uses of College facilities or equipment by others.
- Facilities not utilized for DMACC related programs may be used by the general public following these prescribed procedures.
- All requests for use of College facilities should be submitted to the Scheduling Office, Building 1. The Scheduling Office shall maintain a list of available rooms and facilities. All requests for facility use are approved subject to possible reassignment of space. Priorities are as follows:
- The College’s needs shall take priority over all other requests.
- Availability of reasonably priced energy
- Educational meetings sponsored by the College.
- All others
- Reservations by the Scheduling Office shall be given on a tentative basis to the requesting party. The Contract and Permit for Use form shall confirm final approval and a copy shall sent to the requesting party. This form is attached.
- The initial billing shall be sent by the Scheduling Office in accordance with Procedure BS5782 the Scheduling Office shall assist in making all arrangements necessary for a visiting group. A copy of the Contract and Permit for Use form shall be sent to each department providing services.
- The Des Moines Area Community College approved Fee Schedules, pages BS 5501.2 through BS 5501.5, shall be used to determine fees charged. Fees shall be charged on the basis of:
- Time period used by organization.
- Type and size of facilities needed.
- Equipment and additional services needed.
- Rental charges shall be waived for College student, staff, alumni groups, the DMACC Foundation, and for all institutional activities. These groups shall be charged for additional service requested.
- The College facilities generally shall not be available to outside groups on College recognized holidays.
- Des Moines Area Community College reserves the right to refuse the use of facilities by others.
Adopted: July 1, 2000
Related Form: https://www.dmacc.edu/departments/physicalplant/Documents/1580%20Contract%20and%20Permit.pdf
Note: Fee Schedule
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)