Feb 28, 2024
BS5817 - Advance Deposit Required/Nonimmigrant International Students
Section: BUSINESS SERVICES PROCEDURES
SubSection: BUSINESS OFFICE
Master List Section: Business Service
- Institutional Regulations
- To establish a procedure for requiring an advance deposit of monies on behalf of all nonimmigrant international students.
- An advance deposit of two thousand U.S. dollars ($2,000) for educational expenses will be required of all nonimmigrant international students. This deposit will be held in escrow by the DMACC Business Office/Ankeny Campus.
- The International Students Office (ISO) will be responsible to communicate the advance deposit requirements to all nonimmigrant international students applying for admission to DMACC.
- The ISO office will not issue a formal Certificate of Eligibility (Federal form I-20) prior to the receipt of required deposits and the clearing of same through the College’s depository bank.
- The Student Accounts Office (SAO) and the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the Ankeny Campus will be responsible for the deposit of advance monies received to the individual student account (as will be reflected on student computer screens). The SAO will be responsible for the necessary follow-up of these monies to ensure the clearing of same through the College’s depository bank.
- The SAO will be responsible to confirm the clearing of all advance deposit monies to the FAO office.
- The SAO will refund monies (deposit amount not required for tuition/fees/books) each semester upon request received from international students and as coordinated through the Financial Aid Office (FAO).
Adopted: July 1, 2000
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)