Feb 21, 2024
BS5794 - Billing Other DMACC Departments for Goods and Services
Section: BUSINESS SERVICES PROCEDURES
SubSection: BUSINESS OFFICE
Master List Section: Business Service
- Institutional Regulations
Goods or services may be purchased from other College departments. A transfer of funds from the receiving department to the providing department must be made to complete the transaction.
- Completion of Internal Billing Invoice:
- The department providing the goods and/or services shall prepare an Internal Invoice to be sent to the department receiving the goods and/or services.
- The department providing the goods and/or services shall keep one copy of the Internal Invoice for their records.
- The Internal Invoice will then be forwarded to the department receiving the goods and/or services.
- Transfer of Funds:
- The department receiving the goods and or services will complete the Internal Invoice by supplying the accounting Index and account code to be charged.
- At least monthly, the department providing the goods and/or services shall:
- Prepare a “Request for Transfer of Charges or Receipts”.
- The Request shall include the Index and account numbers to be charged for the goods and/or services in the department that received them and the Index and revenue account number to be credited in their own department for providing the goods and/or services.
- A copy of the Internal Invoice must be attached to the Request.
Adopted: July 1, 2000
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)