Feb 28, 2024
BS5730 - IRS Skip Tracing
Section: BUSINESS SERVICES PROCEDURES
SubSection: BUSINESS OFFICE
Master List Section: Business Service
- Institutional Regulations
The Business Office may authorize/make a formal request to the IRS for addresses of Perkins Loan borrowers when either the contracted Billing Service, the Collection Agency or DMACC staff is unable to locate such borrowers. The request must be made by using an IRS Safeguard Procedures Report.
- The Safeguard Procedures Report:
- This report must be prepared in accordance with IRS regulations.
- Failure to have IRS approval of DMACC’s procedure will result in the College not obtaining needed address information and thus not complying with DOE requirements.
- The Safeguard Activity Report:
- This report is filed after the Safeguard Procedures Report.
- The report must be prepared in accordance with IRS regulations.
- DMACC will be notified by the DOE of the submission deadline for the report.
- The annual Safeguard Activity Report requires a description of internal inspections conducted by the College. The Business Office shall be responsible for conducting and documenting the results of these periodic inspection results, which shall be included in the Safeguard Activity Report.
Adopted: July 1, 2000
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)