Feb 28, 2024
BS5308 - Purchasing Cards
Section: BUSINESS SERVICES PROCEDURES
Master List Section: Business Service
- Institutional Regulations
Purchasing cards will be issued by Purchasing to facilitate small dollar and emergency purchases.
- Departments may request a purchasing card filling out the Purchasing Card Application form.
- The form will require the name of the staff member to whom the card will be issued along with the supervisor’s name, Banner index, and applicable limits.
- Each application is to be approved by the appropriate Executive Vice President.
- The Purchasing Department shall have the final authority as to which departments receive purchasing cards.
- Purchasing shall review the applications.
- Appropriate limitations and restrictions will be set for each card.
- The application will be sent to the bank, which will issue the card.
- Upon receipt of the card the cardholder will be required to attend an informational meeting and sign the Purchasing Card Agreement form.
- Purchasing cards are to be used only to transact College business. Use of the card for personal purchases is prohibited. Inappropriate use of the card may result in cancellation of the card and/or disciplinary action.
- The card holder is to turn all receipts and necessary documentation to the person in charge of recording the transactions. This may be the cardholder or another designated person in the department.
- At the end of the billing cycle the department must reconcile the card statement with all the transactions made the past month. Once reconciled, these statements are to be sent to Purchasing along with all necessary documentation within 5 days after the receipt of the statement. Failure to return statements within this timeframe may result in interest penalties and cancellation of the card.
Adopted: July 1, 2003
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)