Oct 19, 2021
WBL 150 - Job Shadowing Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: .5
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 2
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Students in this course will explore a field of interest while developing research skills, professionalism, and building occupational knowledge. Students will visit workplaces of interest to learn about specific jobs and professional requirements, and to develop a basic knowledge of the organization’s structure and values.
- Create awareness of the academic, technical, and personal skills required in a particular job or profession.
- Identify the education or training required and the skills needed for various occupations.
- Participate in reflection activities that further career goals and interests.
- Gain exposure to careers and jobs within a chosen profession.
- Describe learning benefits gained by visiting local businesses and engaging with employers.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional appearance and behaviors as required in the workplace.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional appearance as required in the workplace.
- Develop personal responsibility characteristics regarding workplace situations involving workplace safety, discrimination, harassment, and personal ethics.
- Practice honesty, punctuality, respect, courtesy, cooperative attitude, and behaviors of a team player.
Competencies Revised Date: 2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)