Oct 19, 2021
WBL 110 - Employability Skills Credits: 2
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course is designed to assist students in developing the skills necessary to obtain employment, and to learn and practice the skills and attitudes required for job success. Students will practice resume writing, job application completion, and interviewing techniques. Additionally, students will practice work-place problem solving strategies, and demonstrate skills required to work in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a resume and complete a job application including a cover letter.
- Write a resume.
- Write a cover letter.
- Examine the elements of an effective interview skills.
- Describe the elements of an effective interview
- Practice job interview skills
- Demonstrate the ability to participate in a job interview.
- Determine appropriate professional appearance as required in the workplace.
- Discuss the impact of personal appearance on success in the workplace.
- Identify the steps necessary to develop a professional image.
- Evaluate appropriate professional behaviors as required in the workplace.
- Demonstrate professional behavior in workplace and social situations.
- Describe appropriate and inappropriate relationships with a supervisor, colleagues, and customers.
- Identify successful solutions to specific workplace problems.
- Identify and practice workplace skills of understanding, cultural sensitivity, adaptability, collegiality, empathy, and polite behavior.
Competencies Revised Date: 2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)