Aug 12, 2022
EDU 255 - Technology in the Classroom Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Open
Designed to introduce students to various ways to support instruction through the use of technology. Focus will include best practices for integrating technology, digital tools and internet resources to facilitate and support teaching and learning in all content areas.
- Assess strategies for the successful implementation of technology in the classroom
- Define best practices for utilizing current digital tools in the classroom to improve learning outcomes.
- Explain the role of the teacher for the 21st-century classroom.
- Predict barriers to the successful use of technology and digital tools.
- Identify and use common technical terminology in discussions/dialogues with students.
- Examine effective ways to create a classroom community that encourages Inquiry-based learning through the use of technology.
- Characterize problem-solving and active learning with inquiry-based tools.
- Illustrate the effective use of current digital tools as they promote student-focused learning.
- Interpret the use technology serves with evaluation and assessment of students.
- Describe ways to engage students in professional assessment and reflective learning through technology.
- Examine the importance of meeting standards with high quality in a digital learning environment.
- Give examples of formative and summative assessments created and implemented with the use of technology.
- Evaluate the importance of Digital Citizenship and the impact it has on learning.
- Identify Social, Legal, Ethical and Human issues related to Social Media.
- Evaluate current topics important in teaching students about digital citizenship.
- Outline ways to communicate and collaborate successfully using technology.
- Discuss ways to foster collaboration between students through technology focusing on websites and apps.
- Explain how technology is utilized to establish effective communication with parents, students, colleagues, administrators, and community.
- Locate effective ways to actively participate in local and global learning networks.
- Examine how to use technology to engage all students in learning.
- Develop a lesson that will engage all students to use technology to gain knowledge and drive learning.
- Summarize how technology can be used to make adaptations in the classroom.
- Explain current practices for the use of Assistive Technology Resources to enhance student learning. (Text to Speech software and apps, writing with technology.)
Competencies Revised Date: 2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)