Nov 29, 2021
WAT 122 - Water Treatment Lab Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course has been developed using the ABC Water Treatment Need-to-Know Criteria. The Need-to-Know describe the competencies tested on the ABC Water Treatment Standardized Exams used by the Iowa DNR Operator Certification Program.
Prerequisite OR Corequisite: WAT 121
- Evaluate knowledge of the duties of a water treatment operator.
- Evaluate water sources and characteristics.
- Examine the operation of water treatment facilities.
- Explain the maintenance of water treatment facilities.
- Perform laboratory analyses. Comply with State and Federal laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Follow water treatment safety rules and guidelines.
- Discuss administrative procedures for water treatment facilities.
- Obtain the Iowa Department of Natural Resources Water Treatment Grade 1 Operator Certification.
- Describe certification requirements.
- Apply to take certification exam.
- Prepare to take certification exam.
Competencies Revised Date: 2019
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)