Mar 29, 2023
CRJ 949 - Special Topics Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Special topics expand the curriculum to meet the unique interests of students, as well as current issues. Registration in Special Topics may be repeated indefinitely, but only the most recent 6 credits will apply towards a Criminal Justice award.
- Critique the current trends in the field
- Determine positive and negative field trends
- Assess the impact of trends on the field
- Defend ideas on future trends in the field
- Appraise what industry aspects may be out of date.
- Evaluate what aspects may see greater demand
- Propose ways the field can capitalize on possible future trends.
- Research special topic area
- Distinguish between the applicable materials in the special topic area
- Apply pertinent laws and regulations
- Examine the roles and functions of legal professionals in the special topics area
- Describe pre-conviction activities
- Discuss post-conviction activities
- Analyze case studies of different field scenarios
- Explain how a person would react in this situation
- Describe whether or not the appropriate decisions were made
- Devise an appropriate ethical plan based on all of the information available.
- Create a project on a given topic
- Generate a well thought out viewpoint
- Develop a presentation that is appropriate for a given audience
Competencies Revised Date: 2019
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)