Dec 08, 2023
DRA 280 - Theatre Lab III Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: General
Building on Theatre Lab II, Theatre Lab III provides students with practical experience in creating, mounting, and running a fully staged theatrical production. The course offers hands on learning in a professionally oriented production, resulting in clear and effective comprehension of creating a production of a play.
Prerequisite: DRA 181
- Characterize one’s specific role within in an ensemble in telling a clear and interesting story on stage in conjunction with the director’s vision with in-depth comprehension.
- Diagram the necessary time needed to accomplish all assigned tasks.
- Interpret instructions from leads with clarity in regard to how the function will affect the play in performance.
- Show a willingness to comprehend other’s ideas.
- Prepare to perform one’s role effectively, whether it is on- or off-stage.
- Perform one’s role within the production effectively with application of in-depth theories.
- Integrate courage into the execution of an idea.
- Demonstrate commitment to collaboratively imaginative concepts.
- Distinguish specific examples where one has shown growth within their role in the production.
- Incorporate exemplary responsibility into the process of creating a practical, professional production.
- Prioritize effective calendar organization.
- Demonstrate a consistent ability to be effectively communicative.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)