Jan 26, 2022
ASM 247 - Practicum VIII: Administrative Organization Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 5
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Open
This course will emphasize on concepts and practices involved in the administration of a long-term care facility. This course satisfies 80 administrative organization clock hours required by The Iowa Board of Nursing Home Administrators.
- Interpret the essential functions of the organization and the administration.
- Specify the philosophy and objectives of the organization.
- Support processes to assess organizational needs.
- Develop strategic planning process.
- Compare and contrast the similarities and differences between administration level functioning and department head supervisory level.
- Explain the long-term care facility’s governing body responsibilities and functions.
- Interpret specific governing bodies? roles and limitations.
- Explain governing bodies’ involvement in the organizational goal setting and outcomes.
- Coordinate the day-to-day management of a long-term care facility, meeting both short and long-range goals.
- Review one’s own role as part of the management teams, planning and affecting change in yourself, your team members, and your organization.
- Evaluate the administrator’s role in the organizational management activities, organizational structure, and the processes that occur within the area of the administrative organization.
- Examine policies and procedures as they apply to governing bodies, federal and state laws, and regulatory codes.
- Analyze all rules and regulations in appropriate manuals and documents.
- Contrast the importance of effective communication, between departments.
- Observe the process of developing policy and procedure.
- Review all appropriate job descriptions.
- Compare job descriptions with employee tasks.
- Defend a marketing program to advertise and sell the services of the facility.
- Interpret internal and external communication channels.
- Critique the components of an effective marketing program.
- Assess programs for their ability to inform and educate the public.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)