Aug 10, 2022
ASM 243 - Practicum IV: Nursing Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 5
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Open
Nursing services in the long-term care facility. The relationship of nursing services to administration. This course satisfies 80 nursing clock hours required by The Iowa Board of Nursing Home Administrators.
- Evaluate the essential components of a nursing department.
- Decide physical care and comfort.
- Prioritize environmental and safety needs.
- Decide if resident’s psychological needs are being met.
- Evaluate the need for intellectual stimulation.
- Defend maintenance and rehabilitative measures.
- Formulate therapeutic measures for prevention of institutional acquired illness.
- Evaluate assessment and reassessment tools.
- Determine the different components of a resident’s chart.
- Assess the resident’s care plan process.
- Appraise a care plan conference.
- Examine the nursing department staff job descriptions and responsibilities.
- Review staff position, authority, and accountability.
- Appraise he department’s role in the processes of preadmission, admission, transfer, and discharge.
- Analyze the role and needs of the resident’s family.
- Investigate the nursing department’s organizational chart for staffing patterns.
- Describe the position educational requirements, ongoing continuing education, and in-service education for this department.
- Review the department’s policies and procedures.
- Evaluate the administrator’s relationship, responsibilities, rules and regulations pertaining to the nursing department.
- Determine how the department is empowered by the administrator.
- Appraise the administrator’s supportive relationship to the department.
- Interpret state and federal rules and regulations pertaining to the nursing department.
- Relate rules and regulations to resident’s rights.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)