Sep 19, 2021
ASM 242 - Practicum III: Legal Aspects and Government Organizations Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 5
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Open
This course will have an emphasis on the legal aspects and government organizations affecting long-term care facilities. This course satisfies 80 legal aspect and government organizations clock hours required by The Iowa Board of Nursing Home Administrators.
- Assess the changing concepts, trends, and operational practices relating to legal aspects and government organizations.
- List situations requiring outside resources.
- Identify legal resources available.
- Reorganize situations when special knowledge and expertise will be necessary.
- Interpret administrative responsibilities, duties, and obligations necessary to meet state, federal, and/or local standards.
- Explain the importance of the administrator’s role in meeting regulations related to resident’s rights.
- Provide an explanation of the administrator’s legal responsibility in human resource management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of licensure and certification requirements for long-term care facilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of legal terminology, acronyms, and abbreviations related to long-term care.
- Analyze positive interaction and good working relationships with other agencies and departments of government that impact administrators and long-term care facilities.
- Critique an understanding of specific policies and procedures necessary to minimize potential liabilities.
- Evaluate the administrator’s legal responsibilities to government organizations which advocate quality of life and quality of care for long-term care residents.
- Interpret an understanding of federal/state survey process related to long-term care facilities.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)