May 26, 2022
ADN 520 - Complex Health Concepts Credits: 7
Lecture Hours: 4
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 9
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course will include the concepts of professionalism, safe practice, communication, culture, care across the lifespan, health promotion, and nursing process. This course will focus on the synthesis of independent and collaborative nursing care. The course will build on previously delivered material and discuss new, increasingly complex nursing concepts. The course includes advanced physiological and psychosocial care in a variety of settings. Course includes practicum application.
Prerequisite: ADN 420 with C or better, ADN 450 with C or better, and BIO 151 with C or better, HSC 240 with a C or better
Prerequisite OR Corequisite: ADN 550 with “C” or better and ENG 106
- Synthesize behaviors of a professional nurse.
- Utilize clinical decision-making skills for clients with complex health problems.
- Demonstrate professional standards of moral, ethical and legal conduct in all healthcare settings.
- Recognize the unique role of nurses as members of the healthcare team.
- Analyze safe nursing practice.
- Recognize the physiologic and psychological effects of independent and collaborative nursing care.
- Apply concepts of safety when providing care to clients with advanced physiological and psychological needs.
- Formulate communication techniques.
- Integrate effective professional communication.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication and collaboration for improving client health outcomes.
- Compare cultural competence of self and others.
- Organize culturally competent care for clients.
- Integrate the cultural beliefs, values, and healthcare practices of individuals and families into plans of care.
- Examine knowledge of nursing care across the lifespan.
- Identify holistic, client centered care that reflects changes in patient condition, lifespan variations in various healthcare settings.
- Individualize the nursing process to meet the needs of clients across the life span and in all settings.
- Evaluate knowledge of health promotion.
- Integrate health promotion activities in all nursing care.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing care to promote health and prevent disease and injury across the lifespan and in all settings.
- Evaluate the nursing process.
- Organize individual nursing care utilizing the nursing process for clients with complex health needs.
- Prioritize individualized nursing care for clients with complex health needs.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)