May 17, 2022
ADN 210 - Advanced Nursing Practice Credits: 5
Lecture Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 4
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course will include the concepts of professionalism, safe practice, communication, culture, care across the lifespan, health promotion, and nursing process. The course will focus on demonstration of independent and collaborative nursing care. The course will build on previously delivered material and discuss new, intermediate nursing concepts. This course will include lab application.
Prerequisite: ADN 140 with a “C” or better and BIO 173 with a “C” or better and ENG 105 with a “C” or better
Prerequisite OR Corequisite: ADN 240 with a “C” or better
- Apply behaviors of a professional nurse.
- Explore the professional standards of a nurse.
- Demonstrate professional nursing behaviors related to medication administration and intravenous therapy.
- Demonstrate professional nursing behaviors related to independent and collaborative nursing care.
- Apply safe nursing practice.
- Describe principles of safety for selected clients.
- Review the concept of safety when providing independent and collaborative nursing care.
- Demonstrate the role of the registered nurse in medication and intravenous therapy, including advanced dosage calculation.
- Utilize communication techniques.
- Apply professional communication within client care scenarios.
- Apply methods of documentation.
- Identify implications of culture on nursing care.
- Outline the concept of cultural competence.
- Discuss cultural competence within client care scenarios.
- Identify cultural issues related to therapeutic interventions when providing nursing care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of nursing care across the lifespan.
- Explore individualized care for selected clients.
- Describe the concept of client care across the lifespan within client care scenarios.
- Utilize knowledge of health promotion.
- Apply health promotion within client care scenarios.
- Discuss appropriate health promotion activities based on client needs.
- Apply the nursing process.
- Recognize the inter-relationships among the components of the nursing process.
- Explain the nursing process within client care scenarios.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)