Mar 29, 2023
AGH 224 - Tree Maintenance Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course investigates the maintenance techniques used in tree care. Emphasis is placed on the pests, pathogens and treatment of tree diseases.
Prerequisite: AGH 281
- Develop tree care profiles.
- Determine what intensity of management is appropriate for tree scenarios.
- Select appropriate practices for tree care profile scenarios.
- Identify tree maintenance risks.
- Describe risks from pest and pathogens.
- Examine risks from improper cultural practices.
- Perform annual inspections for tree maintenance.
- Compare typical and atypical leaf and stem tissues.
- Identify proper tree root and crown development.
- Distinguish between major tree biotic diseases and pests.
- Compare and contrast tree pest management techniques.
- Outline potential soil remedies to tree pest infestations.
- Discuss options for tree spraying and injection.
- Inspect trees for biotic diseases and pests.
- Identify signs and symptoms of key diseases.
- Investigate trees for signs and symptoms of key arthropod pests.
- Evaluate predisposition to health risks based on species of tree.
- Evaluate the industry potential for future tree health and maintenance risks.
- Assess the role monoculture has in pest outbreaks.
- Outline ways humans can spread pathogens.
- Explain the impact the industry and construction have on tree health.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)