Nov 29, 2021
WAT 932 - Internship Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 12
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Students will gain practical experience through on-the- job training at an instructor-approved water or wastewater facility.
Prerequisite: Instructor permission
- Select an approved internship that matches your career interests and set up interview.
- Complete a job application.
- Create a professional looking resume.
- Demonstrate appropriate interview skills for internship position.
- Develop acceptable employee attendance and punctuality traits.
- Keep accurate time sheets.
- Identify any reason for poor attendance or punctuality and discuss possible solutions with supervisor.
- Demonstrate a good work ethic and positive attitude.
- Identify employer expectations for an intern.
- Organize tasks and accept additional responsibilities.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses pertaining to attitude.
- Develop a high level of motivation.
- Practice company safety policies and procedures.
- Attend safety meetings.
- Outline safety policies and procedures at your work facility.
- Complete designated hours of internship work experience.
- Verify total work hours with supervisor.
- Share verified hours with instructor.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)